These 8 cost saving tips on wedding rentals are easy to do and can save you lots of heart ache and money. The best thing is that nobody will be the wiser and it is a great place to trim the budget as you can still have your beautiful wedding and save a ton.
- If your are renting glassware, make sure you check all the glasses when they are delivered as there might be cracked, chipped or even dirty glasses that you are paying for. Never sign anything until you have check the order first. Remember to count all the items as well.
- The same thing goes with renting plates. Before you sign the order first check the quantity and the state of the plates. If there are any chipped, broken or dirty plates, make a note of them and have them credit you for those items.
- Develop a good relationship with your caterer. This cost saving tips on wedding rentals is so simple yet so effective. Find out if your caterer is renting items and if so from which rental agency. Once that is done, make sure that you clearly state that you would like your rental items to be delivered and returned at the same time as your caterers. This save a lot of money as the rental items are both going to the same location and therefore only one delivery charge.
- If you are going to rent real champagne glassware for the toasts, then rather opt for “flat” champagne glasses than fluted ones as they usually cost less and tend to not break as easily. This should minimizes your replacement costs.
- When renting plates, try to have them rinsed before sending them back to the rental company as they tend to charge you extra for cleaning dried food off the plates.
- This cost saving tips on wedding rentals is not mentioned upfront. Most rental companies charge extra if the items are returned late. Make sure that you have a very responsible person in charge of returning all rentals on time.
- If you are renting linen, place something under the candles, so that they do not drip onto the linen as you will pay for damages. Same thing with smoking and burn marks. Paying replacement costs are very expensive.
- If your wedding is in a more casual setting, consider renting plastic heavyweight glasses and plates. You can find these that have the feel of etched glass but at a much cheaper price than real glassware and china. Disposable plates and glasses can also work – you’ll be surprised how real great they can look, you just need to know where to look.
The Ultimate Bride’s Guide is a wedding planner book [http://www.ultimatebridesguide.com/] that outlines, step by step, every facet of pre wedding, ceremony, and post wedding activities through text, fill in charts, and illustrations.The Ultimate Bride’s Guide is the one wedding planner organizer book that includes seasoned wedding planner secrets, over 180 cost saving tips, questions to ask vendors and easy step by step wedding planning, checklists, organizational charts and loads more.