If you want to make your wedding invitations you know the importance of wedding invitation wording.
Careful use of words and establishing them correctly is very important in wedding announcements. This is because wedding announcement wording becomes the first symbol your guests have to decide the setting they will expect.
Making the wording easy to understand and most you can will help your guests.
Here are seven tips for wedding invitation wording:
- The date should be written out. The day of the week and the day and month. An example of this is Saturday, The Fourth of August, Twenty-Twelve .
- The exact time is important to spell out. You can write this as O’clock but if you have it as Five-thirty you can write just as that or Half past five o’clock. The formal way is to use o’clock in the time wording. Usually the time is only at the o’clock or half past. But you can change that if you like.
- The place where the wedding ceremony will take place should be very specific. Normally you would write the name of the location and the address with the city and state written also.
- When you do your reception card you would write the address but not the city and state if it is the same as the wedding. If you are having it at a different city you would write out the city and state
- If the couple chooses a small exclusive wedding but larger reception, wording is different from standard wedding invitations. The guests are asked to attend the reception only. When inviting to the wedding reception only it is traditional to use the pleasure of your company and not request the honour of your presence. This is also usually a less formal event than a wedding and reception
- As for the top of the invitation it is best to choose words that would pay respect to the party who hosts or pays for the wedding. But be cautious, you want to avoid any hurt feelings. Remember money is not the only contribution that is made. For example, if the bride’s parents are the ones who will pay for the wedding, then, the wordings on the invitation should state that it is the bride’s parent s who are requesting for the presence of the guests.
- If the wedding is informal and will only take place in a home, then it is best to replace the usual words being used in formal invitations to a more casual tone but still with respect.
So whether you make your wedding announcements or not the wording is important. Take the time to make sure they are properly worded. It can be a very big detail in making sure you have guests at your wedding. Having a good impression from your invitations can be the beginning of having happy quests to share your big day.
Basically any kind of wedding invitation wording should consider the situation and the type of wedding you will be having. You should learn some wedding announcement etiquette to avoid any hurt feelings.